Naval Grand Summer Ball - Devon Event Photography

Wednesday, July 15, 2015


Attended a wonderful summer ball at Britannia Royal Naval College in Dartmouth last Friday with my partner, Rob and his parents. The event named, 'Take to the Seas' had a 20's theme to it where the invitation stated 'The event draws inspiration from the opulence and hedonism of high class cruise tourism from the years between the wars.' Growing up, I never went to balls or classy black tie events, so my childhood inner Disney princess-self was certainly living the dream that evening! Thank you Rob!


At the event there were so many glamorous ladies and handsome gentlemen in their best attire. I was surprised by how many females wore a 20's styled flapper dress with the headpiece as well, as those dresses are hard to find! It was certainly the biggest ball I've been to, having attended two smaller Naval balls in the year; and what a show they put on! There was a lot of Pimms, dodgems (wish was a unique experience wearing ball gowns), ferris wheel, three course meal, a spectacular fireworks display, lots of great live music, vodka luge, Bailey's fountain and much more! There was so much to do, see and lovely people to meet, that the evening went by so quickly! Overall a splendid evening, and hope there's many more to come!...
Photograph by Rob

It was fun dressing up for this event. Many months of deliberating on the outfit where I finally went for this lovely petite exclusive from Maya available at Asos. Ordinarily I would go for bright vibrant colours for dresses, however my partner suggested muted tones would really suit me and show a more sophisticated side. Happy that I agreed, as I quite like how this dress is reminiscent of the 20's era with embellishments but still modern.


Photograph by Ayesha (pictured in blue dress above)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

* indicates required

Like on Facebook

Contact

If you'd like to discuss your wedding, portrait, engagement, family session, event or have any questions, please contact me. Thank you!

Web: nishahaqphotography.com

Email: hello@nishahaqphotography.com

Mob: 07712604577