2018 - The Year of Getting Stuck In

Monday, January 14, 2019


WOW! 2018 has been pretty sensational and I couldn’t have asked for better. It was my first full-time wedding season and I've truly loved how exhilarating it has been. The highlights for me this year have been moving into a new home with my partner in picturesque Botley & getting my own office space, being published in 6 magazines last year, a highlight being Wiltshire, Dorset & Hampshire Bride Magazine 2018 issue & 2019 issue (currently out now) as well as Your Hampshire & Dorset Wedding Magazine Jan/Feb Issue (out now too!), being shortlisted in the UK Wedding Awards 2018 and also becoming a South Central Regional Finalist in the highly regarded The Wedding Industry Awards 2019. Though my most heart-pumping moment of 2018 was being conferred an honorary degree of Master of Arts from Solent University and delivering a commencement speech at Southampton Guildhall for 'recognition of your outstanding accomplishments and commitment to photography'.

2018 has been a fantastic year of learning and growing in the wedding industry and all the things it has to offer as well as making wonderful friendships with my lovely clients and with fellow photographers & small businesses it's a great community of people. Also pushing my technical skills further, from introducing my new nighttime portraiture which I've absolutely loved doing. I really felt I got stuck in.

They say that 8 out of 10 entrepreneurs who start a business fail within the first 18 months, having been full-time with my business now for a year and a half, I know 2019 is going to be another epic year with so many exciting and gorgeous weddings booked in plus some fabulous announcements too, including a brand new website launch soon, I'm sure to keep you updated in my monthly newsletter (subscribe here).

A huge thank you to my fantabulous clients, all the inspiring people I look up to and wonderfully supportive friends & family for making 2018 an epic one!

Watch the best of 2018 weddings slideshow below:




28,045 wedding photos delivered to clients, 24 wonderful weddings documented, 10 engagement sessions photographed and lots of fabulous portrait & Girl Boss sessions, commercial shoots & events covered, it’s been a crazy fun awesome year capturing so many amazing moments! Here are a few personal & business highlights from last year:

  • Apr - Photographed my first home fine art portrait studio session
  • May - Celebrated turning 25 with a surprise trip to Edinburgh for the first time (I would love to shoot a wedding in Scotland!) 
  • Jul - Conferred an honorary degree of Master of Arts from Solent University (and one of the youngest to receive one!) as well as delivering a commencement speech at Southampton Guildhall. Also photographed my first wedding in Suffolk at Smeetham Hall Barn and celebrating 1 year of being a full-time freelancer! Hooray!
  • Aug - Photographed my first Royal Marines wedding at Southdowns Manor. First time producing, interviewing, photographing & photographing an editorial project commissioned by IPSE
  • Sept - Photographed my first Royal Navy wedding in Worcestershire at Hogarths Stone Manor as well as shooting my first Girl Boss Session in Winchester with Hello Social Media UK
  • Nov - Delivered entrepreneurial bootcamps at the University of Surrey & University of Winchester for freelancers (excited to be doing more workshops in Feb/Mar! Also, photographing my last wedding of the year and my most local one to date at New Place Hotel

It's taken me little bit longer to publish my Best of 2018 blog post this year, I feel there have been even more wonderful photos so it's definitely been a challenge to whittle it down to just 152 favourite photos out of 28,045! Favourites from stunning creative bride & groom photos, funny candid shots of kids doing their thing to heartfelt emotional moments, here is my round-up of 2018. A big thank you to my second shooters who have helped produce some of the gorgeous snaps below, Jessica Stricchiola, Emily Van Den Broek, Debbie Stevens, Anesta Broad, Jade Eleanor, Jenny Owens.

So sit back, grab a cuppa, turn the music up & enjoy!


Got engaged over the festive period or looking for a wedding photographer for your special day? I'd love to hear more! I'm currently booking 2019 & 2020 weddings, so do get in touch!




Got engaged over the festive period or looking for a wedding photographer for your special day? I'd love to hear more! I'm currently booking 2019 & 2020 weddings, so do get in touch!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

* indicates required

Like on Facebook

Contact

If you'd like to discuss your wedding, portrait, engagement, family session, event or have any questions, please contact me. Thank you!

Web: nishahaqphotography.com

Email: hello@nishahaqphotography.com

Mob: 07712604577