Happy Mother's Day! - A day out exploring Montacute House & Lyme Regis

Sunday, March 26, 2017



Happy Mother's Day!

What a wonderful beautiful weekend it has been in Southampton! The hottest of the year so far and I'm reminiscing last year's awesome Mother's Day weekend in a little quaint village, Hinton Saint George in Somerset where I treated my lovely mum to a 2-night stay at the charming 17th-century inn, Lord Poulett Arms. Though my mum and I may be 100 miles apart, I thought I'd dedicate today's blog post to my awesome mum who's always been there for me, made me laugh till my stomach hurts and picked up me when I've felt down.  I know most of you will be treating your marvellous mums today and hope you have a fantastic day; I know I certainly can't wait to surprise my mum with what I have in store for her next week when we celebrate a belated mother's day in the magical New Forest.



The fact that I'm wearing my infamous red coat paired with my purple wooly hat in these photos goes to show it was a chilly weekend last year but was certainly tons of fun! My mum and I like visiting National Trust houses, Montacute House, an Elizabethan mansion was a stone throws away from Hinton Saint George so we took lots of snaps there and spent some quality daughter and mother time. Inevitably when you grow up and move away from your parent's home, it can be tricky aligning the calendars so that's why I love when March comes around, the flowers are blooming, the afternoons get longer and it's the perfect time to celebrate and spend time with your mum.

We then headed down to Lyme Regis, another quaint and charming coastal town in Dorset on the Jurassic Coast that revealed breathtaking views out to sea. Definitely recommend a visit, especially exploring all the cute little shops and all its eccentricities. 

Happy a cracking weekend folks and thank you mum for being awesome!




The next day we wandered around the lovely little village of Hinton Saint George and the loveliest cup of hot chocolate in the quaintest tea room - it felt all very English! I do love the English countryside. We also decided to have an impromptu photo shoot in the tea room where an elderly woman gave us a funny bemused face at us as we struck our poses in front of the camera... 'work it girl!' What a perfect way to end Mother's Day weekend.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

* indicates required

Like on Facebook

Contact

If you'd like to discuss your wedding, portrait, engagement, family session, event or have any questions, please contact me. Thank you!

Web: nishahaqphotography.com

Email: hello@nishahaqphotography.com

Mob: 07712604577