2016 - A Fantastic Year of 'Firsts'

Saturday, December 31, 2016


Wow, so 2016 has been a unexpectedly wonderful year that couldn't have wished to have been better! I feel so privileged and mega thankful to have photographed so many awesome couples and portraits. (My favourite images from 2016 below). They say that a third of creative businesses fail in the first year... happy to say my business is going strong! Thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way such as my entrepreneurial friends, photography friends, family members, housemates and last but not least, my amazingly supportive partner, Rob!!

With over 7,000 edited images delivered to all the lovely clients I've had the pleasure of working with, 14 weddings documented, 8 Engagement Sessions and loads of portrait sessions and events photographed, I can say it's been a busy, busy year - but I've certainly loved it!

Having looked over this past year, 2016 has been a year full of 'firsts'. So I thought I'd dedicate this blog post to that. Here's a summary of 'firsts' this year.


  • January - Having been a bit nervous to get my photography business off the ground, it's my first time online advertising the fact I do weddings... 
  • February - Had my first wedding consultation (yeesh it was nerve-wracking) and I receive my first wedding booking of the year. This is the start of many awesome weddings to come...
  • March - Photographed my first commissioned wedding as well as photographing my first military wedding as a second-shooter.
  • April - Photographed my first Engagement Session.
  • June - Celebrated 1 year of successfully running my business. First time photographing a styled wedding shoot working with farm animals and kids in one shoot! First time my partner has been deployed in the Navy for longer than a month away from British waters feeling the affects of a long distance military relationship!
  • July - First time photographing an owl as a ring bearer at a wedding. Also just starting a new full time job as a graphic designer and marketer. Also photographed my first dog themed Engagement Session which paved the way for many doggy portraits!
  • October - First time photographing an autumnal Engagement Session and realised autumn could be my favourite season (I might change my mind come spring as I can't decide whether I love composing portraits with leaves or flowers more!)
  • November - First time caught in a storm whilst on an Engagement Session. Must say it's been one of my favourites as the couple embraced the elements and had a good giggle about it! First time I've been personally thanked in a Father of the Bride speech at a wedding. :)
  • December - First time photographing a festive wedding as well as an outdoor ceremony in one. Also first time submitting a wedding editorial to have it published on renowned The English Wedding blog. :) 
2017 promises to be an exciting year with so many awesome couple's weddings booked. Having photographed a fair few Engagement Sessions, I can only imagine how spectacular their wedding day is going to be. Also I've got some exciting new developments for the New Year with the launch of my Bespoke Boudoir packages. More to follow soon!

P.S I still have availability for 2017 weddings so do get in touch if you're looking to book your wedding day. :)

Happy New Year folks!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

* indicates required

Like on Facebook

Contact

If you'd like to discuss your wedding, portrait, engagement, family session, event or have any questions, please contact me. Thank you!

Web: nishahaqphotography.com

Email: hello@nishahaqphotography.com

Mob: 07712604577