A Summer of Stripes - African Inspired Fashion Photography - Southampton

Friday, October 28, 2016



It's a chilly afternoon in October and I find myself looking through my archive of images and wanted to share this lovely summer editorial inspired by African patterns, in particular, stripes. Loved how these fashion portraits came out. Suga (Sarrah Suga Sillah) did an amazing job modelling these trendy pieces all styled and conceptualised by the talented Alexsandra Nwandu who studied Fashion Styling at Southampton Solent University.


Alexsandra's project looked at different ethnic trends and beauty so it was great to collaborate and work on photo shoots that celebrate women and fashion from minority backgrounds and cultures. The majority of the pieces were sourced from H&M, one of my favourite high-street stores. We may be in autumn but you can definitely rock these pieces this season layered up or on a night out in town.

Photography: Nisha Haq
Fashion Styling & concept: Alexsandra Nwandu
Hair & Make-Up & Model: Sarrah Suga Sillah
Location: Southampton Common
Photographed: April 2016


I don't often do last-minute shoots but when Alexsandra approached me with her idea the day before, I knew this was going to be a good one! I love taking on creative projects, so if you have a team looking for a photographer or looking to build one and collaborate on portrait, beauty or fashion shoots, drop me a message: nishahaqphotography@gmail.com.








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

* indicates required

Like on Facebook

Contact

If you'd like to discuss your wedding, portrait, engagement, family session, event or have any questions, please contact me. Thank you!

Web: nishahaqphotography.com

Email: hello@nishahaqphotography.com

Mob: 07712604577