2015 - What a whirlwind of a year!

Thursday, January 07, 2016

So this is the first time I’ve looked back and collated my favourite photos I took over a year, and what a fantastic year 2015 has been! Reflecting over the wonderful memories I have of the past 12 months, I can certainly say I feel proud and privileged to do what I do, and meet the amazing people who make these images come to life. Last year was a rollercoaster, both personally and professionally. Here are a few key highlights that made 2015:

  • In February, being named Finalist for OneEyeland Photography International Awards for my fine art nude photographs.
  • April, I saw my partner commissioned in the Royal Navy as a Warfare Officer and couldn’t be more proud.
  • In May, after being encouraged by Southampton Solent University to pitch my photography business, received £5,000 grant from Solent LEP under HM Government's Regional Growth Fund.
  •  June is when I registered my business, took all the scary steps of officially starting my business whilst starting a new day job working as a graphic designer.
  • In September I bought my first ever car after passing my test in March and can’t fathom how much freedom this gives me to travel and explore.
  • In December, I was invited by Southampton Solent University as a guest speaker and delivered my first business presentation talking about setting up a business and my experiences so far to college students. It was also this month that my partner and I celebrated our 4th anniversary of being together and couldn’t be more elated. 
In 2015 I've been lucky enough to photograph in lots of beautiful places such as Naples, Sorrento, Capri, Devon, Somerset, Buckinghamshire and of course the beautiful county I live in, Hampshire. I would like to say a huge thank you to every single person I’ve had the pleasure of photographing and working with on projects. Looking back over 2015, I certainly feel blessed with what’s been achieved and feeling confident and happy within. 

Beginning 2016, I feel excited for lots more amazing experiences, friendships, passions and projects to come...

Nisha x













Thank you!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

* indicates required

Like on Facebook

Contact

If you'd like to discuss your wedding, portrait, engagement, family session, event or have any questions, please contact me. Thank you!

Web: nishahaqphotography.com

Email: hello@nishahaqphotography.com

Mob: 07712604577