Somerset Portrait Photography - Husk Band Shoot Promos

Monday, July 06, 2015

Husk Band group shot
Excited to finally share these images that I did for 'psychedelic sludge metal' band Husk as promotional images for their upcoming album, 'Upon His Mountain'. Photographed on a rainy day in March in the Quantock Hills, Somerset, it certainly was fun to shoot! Where usually this weather would be a no-no for a photo shoot, it worked perfectly for the earthy aesthetic for Husk, creating rich tones and a moody atmosphere to set the scene. Love going to the Quantocks, beautiful scenery and backdrops. On this particularly muddy day I was glad I'd packed my walking boots! Tom, Charlie, Tim & Kynan were great to work with and their band chemistry certainly showed! They managed to express their serious and contemplative side as well as their fun and silly antics! 

They interacted so well with the camera that there was so many to choose from, I could just barely whittle down my selection to these favourites! One of the ideas I had was to create an overlaying effect with the solo portraits and surrounding nature. It was interesting creating artistic portraits showing their relationship with the environment. This theme runs though their new album and new sound which I recommend listening! 






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

* indicates required

Like on Facebook

Contact

If you'd like to discuss your wedding, portrait, engagement, family session, event or have any questions, please contact me. Thank you!

Web: nishahaqphotography.com

Email: hello@nishahaqphotography.com

Mob: 07712604577